Documents Required for H4 Visa
Following is the list of documents required to prepare for H4 visa stamping. Remember that if you have the proper documents in place, the process is very simple.
- Completed Non-immigration Visa application H4 visa application form DS-160 Separate form for each applicant.
- Application visa fee original receipt issued by HDFC bank.
- Copy of interview appointment letter which you get at the time of taking a US visa appointment with VFS.
- Valid passport of each applicant.
- One photograph: 2 and 2 inches square (50 mm square) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background. To be used in the application Form. US consulates are very particular about the Photographs specification. You must follow these guidelines for photographs. Check out the guidelines for photograph required for US visa.
- Original receipt of application fee (payment made at HDFC). Read more about the US visa fee here.
- If the applicant is below 14 yrs of age, Original Birth Certificate of this applicant (child) is required.
- Original marriage certificate.
- Entire wedding photo album.
- A copy of marriage invitation card of both the families.
- Complete copy of all the pages of your principal H1's passport.
- Copy of principal H1 holders approved petition I797, form I-129 and LCA.
- H1B visa holder's employment verification letter.
- Pay stubs from principal applicant's current place of work and income tax return (if the H1 holder is already working in U.S.)
When in doubt while collecting papers, always go for collecting more information than less. Once you have collected all the relevant pieces of information, getting the visa is a matter of time.